Can't Touch This

8/08/2010


I am obsessed with nail art, ever since I was a little girl I used to be crazy about decorating my nails. I'm talking that tacky glitter polish from the late 90s, black whenever there was available and only now have I begun my recent forray into colours other than blue or purple. In 2008 I bought this amazing glow in the dark nail polish in the US, I painted them and forgot about it until I turned my light off for bed and then I began quoting Keanu (woah).

I went to schools with uniforms so nail polish was akin to the devil and those damn dirty prefects would just ruin my fun like it was their job, (you know the type; sycophants who trust the 'system' and then end up alone with ten cats) I had to take off my fingerless biker gloves in the winter, they just had no respect for fashion. I used to get my fix in primary school by painting my toes. In high school I'd have my Essie brush out as soon as the weekend started and the whole next two years after high school, my nails were never bare. 

Lately I haven't had as much time to keep my nails looking fresh but I always treasure my manicures. I just feel like I have this extra spring in my step after one because from then on, I'm doing everything with beautiful nails; all that and a bag o' chips! If you can relate, imagine that x10 with nail art. It's just a little something special to jazz up your look and the reactions are always a blast. I love teaming a statement ring, or 3, with some dope nails. 

If you live in Cape Town and want to get some nail art go to Dream Nails, I'm sure they all do it but I went to Cavendish for this cute blue manicure and I can't wait to go back! 

                  

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Subscribe