Hint Hunt Escape Room

11/24/2018


Earlier this year for my birthday, my boyfriend surprised me with a game of Hint Hunt and I could not wait to go back because I couldn't stop thinking about it. I've been telling everyone I know just how much fun it is. Experiences are a great gift and this was such an engrossing and fun challenge. I went back and took some photos because everyone NEEDS to know and everyone NEEDS to go.

So here's the deal: Hint Hunt is an escape room game where you have to solve puzzles with your team in order to get out. There's a story you're working with and while there's a scavenger hunt element to the room itself, you also get given clues from the control room where you're being watched as you scramble to finish the game. They have rooms of varying difficulties and it's such a fun way to bond with friends because you're focused on working together and using everybody's different strengths to beat the hour you're given to escape. There is a button you can push if you want to get out beforehand but that's just a precaution. My boyfriend is very claustrophobic and he had no issues because he was so occupied and he told me it was like a regular room to him. I think that the fact that there is a quick way to get out alleviates fears as well.

With so much time spent on our phones, playing a game like this hearkens back to a simpler time with you and your buddies. I felt so connected to my friends after the game; the laughs and conversations we shared while trying to work out clues were things I'll always remember. It's so fun to help each other out and admit that you have no idea what you're doing. A lot of companies use Hint Hunt for team-building exercises and I see why; to me it's like a taste of a Survivor challenge and I've always wanted to do one. The game we played was called Submarine and in it, we had to get our engine back online. The photos above give you a taste of the room and you can expect "oohs" and "aahs" from the surprises after completing challenges but I won't spoil anything. We had also played Shipwrecked before which I loved and would highly recommend for a first timer. I want to do every single one of them!

It's an unforgettable hour and we found ourselves tripping up because we thought too hard when we just had to think like curious kids. I think life is about playing more and Hint Hunt really reminds you how exciting and engaging it is to do just that. You might even find yourself asking why you ever stopped doing things just for fun. The adrenaline is a treat while you rush through puzzles and you get to know each other so much better. It's so interesting to see how people pair off and come back together. Some people are great with words and discovering things, others are better with math and connecting ideas; and when you need more than one arm, everyone literally lends a hand. It's very fulfilling to physically work with your friends. I loved figuring out the computer password and we all laughed when we had to essentially play twister to press multiple buttons at the same time. There's nothing like that feeling of teamwork, it's incredibly satisfying and I highly recommend you get some friends together and give it a try. Check out Hint Hunt to find your nearest location and tell me what you think!    

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe